The Game of Thrones TV series, based on the series of novels A Song of Ice and Fire, managed to break lots of records and set new rules for television series to come. It collected millions of loyal fans who seem to know absolutely everything about the inhabitants of the Seven Kingdoms. However, not all the fans realize that many of the screen images are far from the book’s original creations. Find out how the characters created by George R. R. Martin should look like!
Daenerys Targaryen 0:41
Jon Snow 1:32
Bran Stark 2:21
Tywin Lannister 3:45
Tyrion “The Imp” Lannister 4:20
Tommen Baratheon 5:07
Theon Greyjoy 5:48
Yara (Asha) Greyjoy 6:49
Euron “Crow’s Eye” Greyjoy 7:44
Brienne of Tarth 8:19
Oberyn “The Red Viper” Martell 8:55
Ramsay Bolton 9:33
Daario Naharis 10:32
Lancel Lannister 11:10
– On the book’s pages, Daenerys Stormborn is a true beauty with a classic Valyrian appearance: silver hair and violet eyes. So, beautiful – check, silver hair – check, violet eyes – not so much.
– According to the books, Jon Snow “looked more like Stark, than any of his half-brothers.” The future Lord Commander of the Watch was presented to the reader as a dark-haired, gray-eyed young man.
– while writing the books, George R. R. Martin decided that Bran, as well as all of his blood brothers, would inherit his mother’s appearance: dark blue eyes and reddish-brown hair. However, in the series only Sansa has obvious Catelyn’s features, other Stark children look more like their father.
– It’s safe to say that Rose Leslie is a much more attractive version of Ygritte. Still, her portrayal of the character looks convincingly lively and authentic, no matter the physical differences.
– In the books the head of the House of Lannister was conceived as the tall man, who has a mustache, beard, thick sideburns, and a clean-shaven head.
– According to the book, after the Battle of Blackwater Bay, Tyrion lost three-quarters of his nose and a part of his lip, but the producers decided to confine themselves to just scars on his face.
– King Tommen should have appeared before the viewers as a plump boy with emerald green eyes and golden curls.
– After he was tortured by probably the most despicable person in the whole series Ramsay Bolton (who we will talk about a bit later too), his hair turned white, and he lost some of his fingers, toes, teeth and the other quite valuable thing as well.
– Writers explained the name change later, saying that the producers of the series decided to rename the character Yara to avoid the confusion with the other character called Osha.
– According to George R. R. Martin, he should have been a brunet with a neat beard, with his right eye blue, and the left one covered with a leather patch.
– Of course, in the TV series, Brienne was often jeered at because of her unusual appearance and lack of “lady-ness.” But there she doesn’t even have the big mouth, crooked teeth, and freckled face as her character in the book does!
– In the books, Oberyn is described as an exceptional fighter, who is quite hot-headed but smart. He has black eyes, sharp nose, and long black hair.
– In the books, the author tried to make Ramsay’s appearance as awful and unpleasant as the character’s personality. According to the original idea, the skin on his face was pink and pimply; his nose was wide, his mouth — small, and his hair long and dry. He had close-set washy eyes, which looked like two fragments of dirty ice.
– In the books, one of the commanders of Daenerys has blue hair and a trident-shaped beard of the same color, while his mustache was painted gold.
– Lancel Lannister is the eldest son of Kevan Lannister. As the series continued, his story took quite a turn – he joined the “Sparrows” religious movement and abandoned his family name, becoming simply “brother Lancel.” By the time this happened, and Lancel appealed to the Faith of the Seven, his appearance had changed a lot in the book: his hair turned white as chalk, and his face became gray.
What is your all-time favorite character from “Game Of Thrones” and why? Tell us in the comment section below.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam: https://goo.gl/zarVZo
For more videos and articles visit: