Advances in Radiation Therapy for the Treatment of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
1. Radiation therapy is the oldest form of cancer treatment.
2. Presence of asbestos in the pleura results in the accumulation of fluid.
3. Primitive radiation therapy results in cell toxicity.
4. Survival rate of mesothelioma is low.
5. Use of radiation on unresectable patients is limited by inability to administer the right dose.
6. Research has shown different effect of radiation therapy on patients.
7. IMRT takes the shape of the tumor cells.
8. The improved radiation therapy also has a problem of toxicity.
9. Pneumonectomy is when a lung is partially or totally removed.
10. There has been success in radiation therapy on patients with two lungs without the development of pneumonitis.
Read more: http://j.mp/2cdQn04
#Mesothelioma #Cancer #Health